Saturday 4 November 2017

Blockade Mission - Cerberus


Planet: Cerberus.
Region: Cerberus sector.

Death Guard vs Adeptus Mechanicus.
1500 points.
Mission: No Mercy.
Deployment: Pitched Battle.

With the Death Guard deploying their reinforcements to Cerberus, they seek to blockade elements of the Imperial forces before moving in for the kill. One such primary target was a Adeptus Mechanicus force holding an energy production facility taken in the opening hours of the war. The Death Guard launched a successful offensive to surround and contain the site before moving their big guns into the main attack.

This game was against Christopher and his Adeptus Mechanicus army. It's been a good while since we faced each other down and this time he had the new codex. His list was practice for an upcoming tournament we are attending and in hindsight I should have done the same but I went for a hastily put together list instead. I had expected that he would field a Knight so I took mine just in case, and good job that I did.

I was running late and at the same time trying to chat to a potential new club member so the game a little disjointed which was a shame. Once we got started we rolled and got the standard across table deployment. Christopher's force was able to deploy mostly in cover but I didn't have that luxury so I made good with what I had. I needed to get the first turn but it went to my opponent.

The Mechanicus didn't need to move although he did outflank some electropriests on my left flank who would soon prove to be a pain. Christopher's first turn was largely shooting. He tried to focus fire on my Knight and did drop a few wounds. If I remember correctly he managed to snag a victory point or two on his first turn as well. My first turn was not great. I moved forward as best I could. |My terminator lord moving to back up one plague marine squad against the electropriests. That failed abysmally as once they got in there, they tore my terminator lord down with ease and proceeded to massacre the plague marines in the ruin above him. These guys are nasty.

Christopher proceeded to outflank some rangers on my right flank. Their goal being to decimate my cultists sitting on an important objective. Correctly selecting the casualties meant that I prevented his charge from being successful. I used my bloat drone to thin their ranks before destroying them with superior firepower.

We then sort of bogged down and the game became a duel of epic proportions in the centre of the table between our two knights. Mine had suffered a lot of damage but was still standing. However, here it proved to be the unit of the match as once it hit it's last would it refused to die. Christopher's knight struck it again and again, and yet I made every single 6+ armour save it could make. Nurgle certainly wanted it to survive.

As time was creeping up on us at this point we called it at the end of turn four. Christopher was well in the lead with 10 victory points to my mere 2. This was a very good but tough game. My opponent's list was perfect and will do him well in the upcoming tournament where as my list was really rather poor. I should have tried with my tournament list but it just didn't cross my mind. Oh well. Better luck next time.

-

Unfortunately due to some computer problems I don't have a copy of the list I fielded against Christopher.

Dunecrawler's waiting in the ruins.

The start of the war.

The might of the Death Guard.

Sneaky Mechanicus forces prowl the edges of the battlefield.

Some soon to be dead cyborg scum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crusade Battles catchup

 It's been a few weeks since I last updated and in that time I have played a further three Crusade games. I am really enjoying playing C...